Using sudo to Keep Admins Honest? sudon't!

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Nov 4 05:09:29 GMT 2006

So says Charlie Schluting of Enterprise Networking Planet

"Now that Ubuntu Linux doesn't enable a root account by default, but
instead allows full root access to the user via sudo, the world will
never be the same."

"The Ubuntu usage of sudo simply provides a hoop to jump through,
requiring users to type their password more often than they'd like. Of
course this will prevent a user's web browser from running something as
root, but it isn't security."

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsecur/article.php/3641911

I don't agree or disagree. I just thought I'd share.

--
	Scott              |            Ubuntu.
http://angrykeyboarder.com |  computer-savvy) Human Beings.