Hardware Notification Daemon?

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Nov 4 03:33:27 GMT 2006

Op woensdag 01-11-2006 om 22:21 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Scott
Robinson:
> Currently, when a piece of hardware is inserted it may or may not be
> handled by some piece of software. If it isn't handled, the user is left
> uncertain if it is because of some issue in the plug-in process, or if
> the hardware simply is not supported by the operating system as of yet.
>
> I would like to propose a hardware notification daemon that simply pops
> a notification when a piece of hardware is inserted and successfully
> detected.

I'd rather not have a pop-up every time, because I get sick of those
when using WinXP on other people's PCs...   ;-)

In fact, I'd rather have a pop-up or error message dialog if a device is
_not_ recognized.  (Successful hotpluging might be signalled by a simple
& short sound though.)

--
Jan Claeys