libdvdcss

Randy Gloden sounder at microbabble.com
Wed May 31 01:53:36 BST 2006

I think the greatest obstacle is a religious rather than fiscal one.  In
the religion of Debian, everything that comes in closed format, free or
not, is of the Devil, and perhaps it is a evil that everyone is hoping
will be swept away with the truly free/viable alternative.  Could the
NVIDIA and other free closed sourced drivers be shipped with Ubuntu
legally?

When freespire ships, if it has the same DVD player as it's commercial
counterpart, the religion is going to get tested pretty quick.  Perhaps
Mepis will lead the way.

www.microbabble.com