making Ubuntu easy

Scott listboi at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu May 25 10:28:25 BST 2006

On 05/24/2006 04:16 PM, * B spake thusly:

> On 25 May 2006, at 00:12, Lee Revell wrote:

>>> How so?
>>>

>> If you visit a Flash page in Firefox but Flash is not installed you will
>> be prompted to install the plugin.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> Sometimes tho this fails and needs to be done again. Confused me first
> time, and I'm not new to linux.

The few times I'd tried it it failed as well.  I believe once it wasn't
able to because I was running as a user and not as root (that's what the
error message implied).

I only tried this method when I'd landed o a site with Flash and had
previously forgotten to install the flash plugin.

--
	Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com