DMA

Scott listboi at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu May 25 09:45:00 BST 2006

On 05/24/2006 10:08 AM, * Robert Spanjaard spake thusly:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 16:28:59 +0100, Anders Karlsson wrote:
>
>> All of them would be seriously upset if they could not write code or if
>> network connectivity would be impaired on their systems. So I guess I
>> should modify the definition of 'critical functionality' to 'have to be
>> working flawlessly based upon if you want to be productive or if you
>> want to fritter time away'.
>>
>> I'd hazard a guess that younger people are more concerned about trivial
>> stuff like 'does it play movies smoothly' rather than 'can it run Xen'
>> or 'can I administer the servers on the network with this'. It should be
>> fairly obvious that I'm in the old-fogey camp that think the latter
>> stuff is more important.
>
> That's a minority nowadays. How many Windows-users even _think_ about
> writing code on their systems? :-)

Plenty...

Here is just a small sampling of examples.

	http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php

	http://discuss.develop.com/

	http://www.wincvs.org/

	http://www.tusafe.com/nonags/index.html

And now that you mention it, how many Linux users even _think_ about
writing code on their systems?

I don't. That's not why I chose Linux.  I venture to guess I'm not alone....

--
	Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com