DMA

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Wed May 24 16:17:04 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 15:33 +0100, B wrote:
> On 24 May 2006, at 15:10, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> > I'd disagree. Playing DVD movies is not 'critical functionality' on
> > any
> > PC. You have DVD players attached to TV's for that. Playing DVD's on
> > your PC is a 'nice to have'.
> >

> Not everyone. I don't have a DVD player, I use my 20 inch iMac which
> is plugged into my stereo. I also play DVD's on my Ubuntu laptop,
> nice to watch in bed listening through headphones.

Granted, not all have DVD Player + TV, but that still does not make it
'critically important' that a PC can play DVD movies.

I also watch movies on my PC (from time to time) but if it did not work,
I'd not kick up a fuss about it. There are other, better, things I could
do with my time than watch films on my PC.

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>