article: "How Linux is getting very close to mass adoption"

Harold hrsawyer at comcast.net
Fri May 19 14:45:27 BST 2006

I have been using Dapper for over a month now. It has caused me
absolutely no grief. I maintain a couple of websites and manipulate
graphics and audio files and have had no problems.

For some reason, I converted back to Mandriva several months ago. Using
the same audio tools, I ended up having to reinstall Ubuntu and rework
audio files so they would be configured the way I needed so dial-up
people could access them.

I do have one problem, now that I think about it. I am working along and
my mouse and keyboard (logitech wireless) just stops working for one to
three minutes, forcing me to take a break. I have not been able to find
a configuration that would make it stop that, but I have had worse
experiences with Windows: viruses, blue screens, loosing data, setups
changing on boot-up, hard-drive management, . . . should I go on???

Thanks for the work you all do.

Harold

?Harold Sawyer
www.SawyerSphere.net