More Sun news: Sun promises to open-source Java

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu May 18 11:39:31 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 19:06 +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:

> If the new licence (attached to sun-java5 in dapper multiverse) is
> anything to go by, then yes. it is.

Un an unrelated note, I installed that sun-java this morning and the
screen that popped up had all the license blurb, and at the bottom a
phrase like "Do you agree with the licensing terms?" with a checkbox
there. :)   That doesn't really look rock-solid from a legal point of
view does it? It assumes that a checked box to a question means 'yes'.

(Almost everywhere else the phrase is of course "I agree with these
terms", or even radio buttons for 'agree' and 'don't agree'. )

Cheers,
Chanchao