Synaptic : will it still there in Edgy ??

MJH martinjh at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 18 06:38:08 BST 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 06:20:03 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

>3) When I ask to remove a package, I would like to bloody REMOVE the
>package ! (remove whatever dependencies where pulled when it got
>installed). If installing package "X", pulls 54 other packages and the
>whole thing add up to 50.00MB, when I ask to remove "X", I expect the
>system to remove 55 packages and free 50.00MB, not 12 packages and
>9.04MB.

+1 for this idea...  It gets me really annoyed when apt-get doesn't
remove all the dependecies...

Aptitude does though - Just replace apt-get with aptitude when
installing.   Only works with things aptitude has installed though so
not really an optimum ideal app to use.