Edgy on DVD only ?

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Wed May 17 13:01:57 BST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 11:41:07AM -0700, Scott said:
> > Gzip is the most popular (why I don't know), [...]  bzip2 is better
> For certain values of "better".

Gzip/zlib: Stream-compressor, fast, low memory requirements, defacto...

> > The best at the moment probably being 7-Zip

7zip is a container format for a whole series of algorithms.  Two of the
better algorithms of which are 'bzip2' and LZMA---which is effectively
'zlib' with the window size increased from 32kB to 32MB.

> SquashFS is neither gzip, bzip2, nor 7-Zip.

SquashFS uses zlib.  Same as gzip.

	-Paul
--
High on a Spanish mountain, surrounded by howling dogs.  Southampton, GB