Edgy on DVD only ?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Fri May 12 07:57:24 BST 2006

<quote who="Cefiar">

> I guessed that much, but it also helps if Ubuntu eventually gets to two
> CD's, there won't be a need to ship 2 Installer CD's AND a LiveCD. The
> current 2 CD pack works well, but making one for 3 would be a right pain.

I strongly suspect that we'll regard DVDs as sufficiently widespread by the
time we feel enough pressure to 'go large'. The immediacy and accessibility
[1] of the single CD approach has been an enormous win for us. It'd have to
be a pretty significant state of affairs for us to ditch that approach. :-)

There's still room to move on the CD -- hard choices to make to get it, but
it's there.

- Jeff

[1] though not in the a11y sense

--