gthumb question

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon May 8 14:09:30 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:23 +1000, Cefiar wrote:
> Nope, in fact from my experience it's quite the opposite. I know I've
> never seen a Canon (from the low-end IXUS's, through the Coolpix, up
> to the high end 20D, 30D and even a friend's 1D Mark II) that present
> themselves as a USB storage device.

Um, the Coolpix is a Nikon and it's definitely a USB mass storage device
- it's the camera that I found this bug with.

It actually has a menu option to select PTP or USB mass storage and
defaults to mass storage.  Would anyone use PSP if a USB mass storage
option was available?  Why use some weird proprietary scheme when you
can just browse the camera like a disk?

Lee