Jeff Waugh in the news

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Mon May 8 06:16:28 BST 2006

<quote who="Senectus .">

> Yeah but you can see how Zdnet have tried to sensationalize it, to turn it
> into something newsworthy.
> The headline :
> "Waugh erupts over AU Ubuntu proposal"
> Is pure Hyperbole for instance.

Not really, it's just a badly fumbled pun. "War erupts" -> "Waugh erupts". I
get it all the time, appropriate or not. :-) The article itself was fine. In
fact, it rocks that a discussion about the structure of the Ubuntu LoCo team
in Australia would merit mention in the press, *particularly* because it was
about the earlier, constructive part of the discussion (instead of the silly
stuff over the weekend).

I'm going to change my last name to "Wii". No one will come up with a stupid
joke about that name. Not in a million years.

- Jeff

   "Oh my god, if I get killed, Meryl Streep will get an award playing my
          life and I would be really pissed off." - Susan Sarandon