Evolution terribly unstable

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun May 7 20:33:21 BST 2006

Op za, 06-05-2006 te 15:47 -0400, schreef Lee Revell:
> On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 21:05 +0200, Lionel Dricot wrote:
> > The fact is that I don't know anybody who ever had a spam filtered by
> > evolution. This include myself, who tried hard with all the
> > documentation and a few Gnome developpers (that admit it in private
> > but never on IRC).  Well, I'm maybe to bad ... That's not entirely
> > true : in one year of running Evolution with SA plugin, it filtered 2
> > (two) spams. I receive 15-20 spams every day. And I mark them all as
> > spams !  (this is the proof that the SA plugin was correctly installed
> > but something else is broken).
>
> Did you use sa-learn --ham to train SA?  This cannot be done from within
> Evolution.

I use the bogofilter plugin, which *does* work from within Evolution (I
can mark false negatives as spam and false positives as ham and that
works).

I think it filters > 98% correct now (with no false positives), which is
okay for me.

One thing to remember is that you have to mark at least 1 mail as spam
and at least 1 as ham.  The latter can be done by marking a ham mail as
spam and then marking it as ham.  This can be improved of course, e.g.
it could be explained in the Ubuntu documentation?

--
Jan Claeys