Evolution terribly unstable

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri May 5 23:58:10 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 00:18 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le samedi 06 mai 2006 à 00:08 +0300, Lionel Dricot a écrit :
> > I must admit that I'm worried about the LTS evolution.
> >
> > As an imap user, I don't have more bugs than in 2.4. It's even faster.
> > But, according to several pop3 users, 2.6 is a pain to use. Most heavy
> > pop:users are asking me,to come back to the 2.4..  I try to,report
> > bugs but most of them are unreproducible crashes or the unfamous "i'm
> > greyed and will never close myself"
> >

> > not sure what we can do about it...
>
> Maybe filing bugs when you have an issue would be a start? If users
> don't talk about their issues no wonder that they are not being worked

I do file bugs regularly, and have chased down several with the Evo
developers until they were fixed (including a really annoying one where
the position of the cursor in the message list got reset to the top when
switching folders if your machine could not generate the message list
fast enough)

I am just afraid there are too many showstoppers in Evo 2.6 to get it
into acceptable condition by the Dapper release.

I'll post bugs in Malone and upstream ASAP.

Lee