Evolution terribly unstable

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri May 5 22:23:41 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 00:08 +0300, Lionel Dricot wrote:
> I must admit that I'm worried about the LTS evolution.
> .... or the unfamous "i'm greyed and will never close myself"

Hu ?! I have this problem all the time ! I thought that it was just "the
way it works", since I didn't any better, so I never dared filing a
"bug" about it ! But an acknowledged bug it is, then ? Good ! This means
hopefully, it will get better, some day ! :-)
One of the problems as you pointed out, is that it's not reproducible.
Sometimes it will close instantly, sometimes it will take 2 seconds,
sometimes 30, and sometimes it will hang for good...

I have considered switching to Sylpheed-claws to evaluate it, but after
a quick look at it, it apparently misses an important feature...
filtering mailing lists ! I tried to set up a filtrer, but unless I am
blind, the "mailing list" field was not available !
So I must stick to Evolution for now...

--
Vince