Free SSL cert from Godaddy for open source projects

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Fri May 5 05:37:40 BST 2006

Mildly off-topic, but I ran over this today looking through godaddy
pricing - they offer a free 1 year Turbo SSL certificate for open
source projects, not something I would have expected to see from a
company like godaddy, especially with web-pages ending in .asp :)

They claim

"Go Daddy is committed to the open source community. We want your site
and data to be secure - and we're willing to foot the cost to make them
just that."

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl_opensource.asp?se=%2B&ci=5988

Specifies only projects with an OSI-approved license.

Nice surprise :)

Cheers,
Trent

--