Firefox search "form" for ubuntu? | sec=unclassified

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed May 3 05:39:20 BST 2006

On 5/3/06, Stoffers, Robert LAC <Robert.Stoffers at defence.gov.au> wrote:
> > Then I wonder if there is a "trick" or hack you can type into google
> > that will force it to search within the Ubuntu environments only,
> > thereby reducing the level of chaff in your results?
>
> What about just having a localised Google search on the Ubuntu website, or
> better yet once the BetterWikiDocs spec is completed just localising the
> Google search to http://help.ubuntu.com (or whatever this ends up being).

These are all good idea's and should be implemented but the primary
goal I was looking for was a "low click/one wait" solution.
Going to another site to search requires a click and wait. (that's
assuming you know the address of that site)
Then when it's loaded you put what you want into it to search, then
wait again for the result to load.
Then you start clicking the links to see if you got what you want.

The concept I'm after it type into the "ubuntu specific, google search
bar" your search request and hit enter. Then you get Ubuntu specific
solutions FROM multiple ubuntu resources (only) on one page.

less clicks, less wait, less chance for "useless" non Ubuntu specific
answers to wear out and confuse users.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Dapper 6.06