Firefox search "form" for ubuntu?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed May 3 05:10:04 BST 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:14:35AM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> I've recently discovered that the little google search window next to
> the URL bar in firefox can have extra search engines added to it via
> this page:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/search-engines.php
>
> Do you think it would be possible to make one to install by default
> that will search bugzilla/launchpad, forums and the wiki?
>
> That would go a long way to make problem solving for users much easier
> and quicker (you know, help them help themselves)

It's definitely possible to create custom search widgets for each of those,
but I don't think we can search all of them with a single one (Google does a
good job of that anyway).  I have some doubt, though, that users in need of
help would find it on their own; it isn't very discoverable (you mentioned
yourself that you only noticed it now).

If anyone creates the necessary bits for this, please file them in Malone.

--
 - mdz