Interesting article about "What Linux is doing wrong on the desktop"

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Tue May 2 20:43:03 BST 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 12:05:15AM +1000, Alexander Jacob Tsykin said:
> > FUD does that fall under now?  :D
> I agree with you that the evidence is anecdotal, and far from conclusive,
> however, the point remains. Linux uptake is increasing. This can only come
> from Windows and Mac OS. As there are basically very few Mac OS users, it is

Since Linux was introduced there have been something like 20 million new
people born in the US alone.  Some large number of people have gone from
"too young to use computers" to "old enough to pick an OS" in that time.

Not all Linux growth comes from Windows users.

--
   Shawn McMahon    | "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
   EIV Consulting   | And now that I have some light, I can see the