Ubuntu - native on MacBook

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Fri Mar 31 14:27:57 BST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Steve Bibayoff wrote:
> My boss lady spent a weekend night armed with a fellow
> geek that works for her and some vodka. 3 hours later,
> she had Windows XP running native on her MacBookPro.

On the 3rd of March, Matthew sat down with a large bottle of Rioja;  and a
few hours/days later had Ubuntu on it. :-)  Read the progress:

  http://mjg59.livejournal.com/

These patches are all now in the Ubuntu kernel but there's some weirdness
with the HFS+ overlay partition and there was also a problem with being able
to build the bootloader owing to the toolchain on Ubuntu;  At the moment the
current Flight CDs won't actually boot (even if the rest of the
infrastructure is there on the CDs).

Hopefully this will be solved in a little while :)

	-Paul
--
Britain is just cold, in a pesky way.  Southampton, GB