Going forward [Re: Automatix?]

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Wed Mar 29 07:49:34 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 16:17 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > Note that your post went to me only, not to the list. Feel free to
> > repost there, and I'll forward my reply back to the list too.
>
> Chanchao, when someone replies to you off-list, assume that they meant to.
> It is very impolite to reply to private emails on a public mailing list. If
> you're not sure, you can always ask the person, and remind them to post it
> in public before you reply.

Noted.  In this case though I am *almost* sure it was intended for the
list because the post seemed written for an audience, with all the
colorful examples and without anything that could reflect badly upon the
poster when viewed in public. Plus I notice that the sounder list is
setup to reply-to a person by default so it's very common that posts
don't make it to the list even though they're mostly intended to go
there.  Made this mistake a couple of times myself.

But you're right of course, and won't do it again without asking and
getting confirmation.

Cheers,
Chanchao