Xara Xtreme GPL'ed

Guido Heumann listguido at web.de
Tue Mar 28 20:19:29 BST 2006

Matt Zimmerman schrieb:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 11:44:34PM +0100, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>>> Hmm, I though featurefreeze was still going strong :)
>> Xara requires wxWidgets 2.6.3-rc2 instead of 2.6.1 (which is in Ubuntu).
>> I'm not sure whether an RC of a library fits in a 3-year (desktop)
>> supported distro.
>
> I'm not particularly fussed about RC versions of libraries in universe as a
> rule, though it would depend on how many other packages use the library and
> whether someone is willing to regression-test them with the new version.

I just happened to read the announcement[1] from Joachim Breitner, a
Debian Developer, who has build unofficial Xara packages for Debian with
wxWidgets 2.6.1 (he mentions "some slider problems").

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/03/msg01086.html

Perhaps this is useful for someone interested in getting Xara into Dapper.

cheers,
Guido