Rythmbox Instability

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 27 11:33:17 BST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:29:23 +0200
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

<snipped>

> Yes, that's my biggest problem right now with RB. I don't use the seek
> bar when listening to songs, but I listen to long radio podcasts, and I
> use the seek bar to skip the numerous commercials that interrupt the
> program every 10 minutes.  But because the seek bar is soooo buggy, most
> of the time I give up on it and resort to hearing the
> commercials ! :-/ :o(((
>
> I filed a bug about it, should you wish to subscribe and/or add your bit
> to it:
>
> https://launchpad.net/products/rhythmbox/+bug/27939
>
> >  and I can't edit any tags.
>
> There is no tag editing capabilities currently, so that's normal ;o)
> According to this link :
>
> http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2626
>
> ,the CVS version of RB has support for tag editing, but because support
> for it is not quite yet perfect, it's turned off by default.
>
> > Shuffle also gives me some problems.
>
> Depending what your problems are, it might match the one I experience,
> and for which I filed a bug report. See:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/20032

I frankly find it puzzling that Ubuntu is persisting with Rhythmbox. In my
experience it has had issues ever since Warty, and apparently it still
isn't really ready.

I find QuodLibet / ex Falso has far fewer problems here, and it allows tag
editing.

What music player does Gnome use by default, if any ?

--
Peter Garrett