MEPIS Founder Plans Transition To Ubuntu

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 04:18:07 BST 2006

> If their going to use the ubuntu base, why don't they contribute
> directly to Ubuntu?  How do their goals differ?  Both Ubuntu and MEPIS
> are GNOME desktop distributions, what does MEPIS want to do differently
> than Ubuntu?

Mepis is KDE based. Aside from that, I would wager that Warren will
work on making MEPIS unique while leaving the heavy lifting to Ubuntu,
as he does with Debian currently.

The irony of MEPIS leaving the DCC is a that the DCC maybe using
Ubuntu's kernel soon, so all in all, it might amount to the same
thing.

Corey