MEPIS Founder Plans Transition To Ubuntu

Rob! ... simply.snake at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 03:29:16 BST 2006

On 3/26/06, Jerome Gotangco <jgotangco at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://au.sys-con.com/read/198622.htm
>
> "The switch to the Ubuntu pools was made to provide our users with a
> more stable underlying system. Of course it's important for our users
> that MEPIS remains true to its unique vision. I believe this release
> demonstrates that we can combine the magic of the MEPIS user
> experience with the goodness of the Ubuntu Foundation."
>
> --
> Jerome Gotangco
> jgotangco at ubuntu.com | jgotangco at gmail.com
> Mobile: +639196555242
> GPG: 0xA97B69A0

The other day I read that they switched to the ubuntu pool because the
Sid and Etch pools were changing too fast for the mepis team to make
stable, because the heavy development they are under by now because
the debian dev's want to shorten the release cicle
I thik I read that on www.osnews.com

--
"all your base are belong tu us?
No, in Soviet Russia all our base are belong to YOU!!"

"Roses are red
Voilets are blue
in Soviet Russia
the poems writes YOU!!"