Yet another reason to get angry with Bill...

Harold hrsawyer at comcast.net
Sun Mar 19 18:00:05 GMT 2006

What many miss in this picture is that the US tax code encourages
personal contributions to not-for-profit organizations like the Red
Cross, Catholic aid organizations, etc. My small church also has an
international aid fund that most of us donate to.

This becomes much more efficient as the government typically spends more
than one dollar to get a dollar to where you want it. Not for profits
must have annual audits and are typically 80% or better efficient, due
to volunteer workers administering them.

The US Government encourages this giving through tax incentives and
private giving in the US is much higher than most governments. If I were
to dig for the statistics, we might find that this private giving is
higher than quite a few governments put together.

An American perspective.

Harold

?Harold Sawyer
www.SawyerSphere.net
www.centralconnecticutwcg.org

This email has not been scanned for  viruses  . . .
as I am running Mozilla on Linux, they can do nothing to me.
If you are using IE on Windows, you might want to atleast think about using Mozilla for browsing and Thunderbird for mail.