Ubuntu and Automatix

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Fri Mar 17 16:23:33 GMT 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 07:13:09AM +0100, Mart??n van de Streek wrote:
> > an article about Automatix for Ubuntu Breezy was linked on Slashdot today:
> > http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/03/12/209257&from=rss
> We should really make this stop...  Every time it's mentioned,
> lots of people try it, and we (local support mailinglists, IRC)
> get to clean up the fallout (broken systems, people who are
> suddenly annoyed with all of Ubuntu because 'it came from an
> official site, didn't it?').

I've commented this one:

http://os.newsforge.com/os/06/03/12/2010242.shtml?tid=2&tid=79

just because of solidarity with those fixing the broken but
somehow popular crapware's bombings of user systems...

> The forums should really be moderated by 'official' people
> (like the mailing lists are), so broken software like this
> doesn't get as popular.

Well OTOH broken software doesn't get popular without a reason,
be it Windows 95 or Automatix.  It's just that problems they
introduce may be not that immensely obvious as those they solve.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>