Ubuntu and Automatix

Martijn van de Streek martijn at foodfight.org
Fri Mar 17 08:05:51 GMT 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Matthew East wrote:

> Martijn van de Streek <martijn <at> foodfight.org> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Andreas Lloyd wrote:
>
> > > No mention of EasyUbuntu, it seems...
> >
> > Why don't you just work with the DocTeam to make the docs IN ubuntu better,
> > so EasyUbuntu isn't necessary?
>
> That's a bit harsh, considering that Andreas submitted a patch yesterday for the
> Ubuntu Desktop Guide.

This remark wasn't directed at the author of this email, I'm talking about
the general case, where people _assume_ "The Ubuntu People" don't answer
email/don't communicate well (maybe because they don't get a reply within a
few hours?), and then go off on their own or give up completely.

Because as far as I know, most emails to the mailing lists get answered,
sometimes with a redirection ('It would probable be a better idea to ask
this question on <some other list>') or even proper discussion of the issue.

And I suppose most mail directed at the team leaders (or members) gets
answered as well. If this isn't the case, than that's a problem imho, even
though you can't really force people to answer their email.

Martijn
--
Sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose.