Ubuntu and Automatix

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 17 07:59:53 GMT 2006

 <admin <at> scientific.dk> writes:

> >> doc-builders do not answer Emails - that is why a LOT of
> >> unofficial sites apear.

> > Eh? The doc-builders answer emails!!! If you want to get involved,
> > email us and we will reply, I promise!

> When I get time _after_ compleating my started un-official page I take
> your word.

Hang on, you are saying that unofficial sites appear because the doc team
doesn't answer emails, but now you are saying that you're going to email us
_after_ finishing your unofficial page?

Did you try mailing before? If so, who did you mail? If not, I don't think the
doc team can be blamed. Sure, it's important that people can contribute to the
project easily, and we work hard on that (hence the wiki page below) but it's
difficult for us to help people to contribute if they don't at least try and
contact us.

> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/GettingStarted
> A simple Email to each subject that we can write about would be better!

The documentation is online here: http://doc.ubuntu.com - if you find something
missing, feel free to suggest it on the mailing list and write a section or a
wiki page about it (if one doesn't exist). If you find some mistakes (whether
technical or grammar based), let us know.

Thanks,

Matt