Yet another reason to get angry with Bill...

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 08:47:04 GMT 2006

> 2) He's admitting that his software is the most expensive part of a computer.

Not really. He is admitting that (mostly his) software is one of three
most expensive parts:  network connectivity, applications and support.
. OTOH, support drops away a bit when the average wage is under $10 a
day.

However given the bird flu scare relating to "Dapper Drake" on
discussion ubuntu-devel, I think we should rename the Linux and
OpenSolaris (http://www.gnusolaris.org) version of "Dapper Drake"  to
"Dapper Diseasefree".

We should reserve the name "Dapper Drake" for  a possible future port
of Dapper to the WinXP kernel, which may actually come down with bird
flu, given all the other virii which have found WinXP a happy home ;)

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
Master's Student