Formatted vs. plain text mail

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at canonical.com
Tue Mar 14 07:31:24 GMT 2006

* Rocco Stanzione

| Problem: some emails are HTML due to a lack of education on the
| sender's part, and we hate HTML emails.

I don't know what «we» you are talking about, but I'm certainly not
part of that «we».  Hate is something i reserve for special occasions;
HTML mail is not one of those.  Personally, I'm more bothered by mails
which have overly long lines (or uneven lines) so I have to reflow
them.

| Converting HTML to text is not such a great technical feat, and it
| makes the rest of us happy even if it doesn't solve the ignorance
| issue.

Mailman has a scrubber plugin which can strip non-plaintext parts.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-