Formatted vs. plain text mail (was: Call for testing the new dist-upgrade process)

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Mon Mar 13 20:17:35 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 March 2006 13:47, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> > Solution: set up Mailman to auto-generate a mail containing the list
> > rules to the sender *every*time* they send HTML mail.

> You can;t always solve social problems with technical solutions...

No, but maybe this one can be solved.  Problem: some emails are HTML due to a
lack of education on the sender's part, and we hate HTML emails.  Converting
HTML to text is not such a great technical feat, and it makes the rest of us
happy even if it doesn't solve the ignorance issue.  Bouncing a message back
to the ignorant doesn't protect us from HTML emails, but it does address the
root problem.  I think either one of these would be fine, and maybe a
combination would be ideal.

Rocco Stanzione