Formatted vs. plain text mail (was: Call for testing the new dist-upgrade process)

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 13 15:12:57 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 15:59 +0100, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op ma, 13-03-2006 te 17:21 +1100, schreef Jeff Waugh:

> OTOH, IMNSHO, the CoC also applies to sending HTML mail without caring
> about other people.  Netiquette tells us not to send HTML (or other
> formatted[*]) mails unless one can be sure the recipient(s) can read it
> without jumping through loops (saving the attachment & opening it in a
> browser isn't very productive either).

I've been thinking for a while about a wiki page with mailing list
netiquette, the Italian team has one and it works rather well.

Perhaps somebody could revive the old project on this page, and make a
page which people who post badly to mailing lists can be (politely)
pointed to.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ListiQuette
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF