XGL your experiances..

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Mon Mar 13 01:53:06 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 09:40 +0800, Senectus . wrote:

> Does anyone else find these new features useful or are they just toy's
> for you and after looking you've switched them off?

The only problem I have with xgl/Compiz is that the window manager is
second rate. After only a few hours of use, the way the window manager
worked  (or didn't work) was such a barrier that I was back on e17.

As nice and usable as those features were, if the basic usability is not
done right, in this case for me it was the WM, then it's not going to
stick with users.

I found the cube and wobble refreshing and you nailed it with the
description of them feeling organic.

--
Cheers,
      Craige.