Advice on CLI mail client that support mail threading

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Sun Mar 12 06:51:02 GMT 2006

Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:34:22PM +0200, Michael Shigorin said:
>
>>Somewhat more integrated and user-friendly CLI MUA is Pine;
>>although I've personally abandoned it for mutt long ago due
>>to the latter being programmable and way more robust with
>>growing mail traffic volumes.
>

> Pine also has the disadvantage that, not being free software, it can't
> be included in Ubuntu.  This means you either have to compile it

Last I looked and interpreted the licence (quite recently) you _could_
include it. I suspect modifying it (eg to fix bugs) and distributing the
changes version is the real problem.

I use pine, I could never come to terms with the mangy dog, but it
certainly has some bugs and misfeatures that need attention.