laptop

javier javiermon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 21:56:00 GMT 2006

Thanxs everyone for the links and posts.

El Miércoles, 8 de Marzo de 2006 17:15, Jan Claeys escribió:
> Op wo, 08-03-2006 te 12:28 +0100, schreef Javier:
> > - amd64 if posible.
>
> That means you'll have to look at Turion64 laptops & there isn't much
> choice there...

I was looking at the acer ferrari 4005WMLi. The main drawback for buying it is
the WLAN. I've read it has a broadcom driver that needs ndiswrapper and that
currently, the x86_64 driver for windows doesn't work properly with
ndiwsrapper. I've googled a bit and stumbled into this site:
http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/

Are this drivers stable/usable? Are they included in ubuntu?

Thanxs for any information.

Javier