laptop

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Wed Mar 8 13:20:35 GMT 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:40:26PM +0100, Carsten Lange said:

> There's http://www.linux-laptop.org/ where you can find many success
> stories about using GNU/Linux on laptops. There are Ubuntu users, too.

One thing on there is my own page about Fedora on the Averatec 6128.
I'm currently running Windows on that lappy and haven't updated the
page, but FYI Ubuntu Breezy appeared to handle the hardware much better
than the version of Fedora from that page, including native support for
the WiFi.  Breezy was the first Linux I've tried on that laptop where
the native driver didn't lock the entire system up.

--
   Shawn McMahon    | Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "I am sick
   EIV Consulting   | of compiling Gentoo".