Online article: Mr. Dell opens up about Desktop Linux

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 06:57:05 GMT 2006

Reference to Ubuntu:

===================
Dell emphasized that his company is not leading Linux, it's tracking
Linux. So, it's not going to pick one desktop distribution and try to
make it number one. Thus, while "Ubuntu is now the most popular
desktop distribution on Dell PCs, it may not be a year from now."

However, he also said, "We've had number of communications with
Ubuntu. Most of those have been about giving Ubuntu better driver
support, but we're open to all those things."