"Ctrl-Alt-Del to login" important for security?

dave kempe dave at solutionsfirst.com.au
Thu Mar 2 11:20:17 GMT 2006

Tristan Wibberley wrote:
> A keyboard is only connected to the computer by a cable, just like any
> network terminal, so I don't see the difference between network shell
> security and console security.

I reckon the whole Ctrl Alt Del thing was abandoned with the rise of these:
http://www.keyghost.com/sx/

if you have physical access to the machine a ps2 keylogger is not going
to raise any suspicion and is certainly easier to get going than root on
any given machine. seems to me that with the rise of ps2 keyloggers, and
even usb ones that look like thumbdrives, its a bit pointless worrying
about trying to prevent physical security breaches locally.

dave