Why Ubuntu isn't for New Linux Users

Paul O'Malley ompaul at eircom.net
Wed Mar 1 09:11:34 GMT 2006

Matthew East wrote:
snip

>On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 23:51 +0000, Paul O'Malley wrote:
>

>>Please note, that you can't stick this in the distro as your are
>>suggesting and distribute it in countries with as yet untested laws but
>>ones that non the less say you can't decrypt stuff without the
>>"correctly licenced tool".
>>

>Part of the challenge of the spec is to ensure that everything is
>legally appropriate. Right now, all those things are available to
>install, so a tool that makes it easier to install, while promoting
>awareness of the legal issues, can only help.

snip

>Ranting won't help.
>
>Matt

Hi Matt,

Sorry about that, your are correct, ranting does not help it at all, so
I put my hands up for that.
My frustration was born out of the knowledge that this exists:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/ZZA28Y2000S370.html

My reading and understanding of paragraph two is what had me swinging
from the light fittings.

Regards,

Paul O'Malley