Paris summit : how to be informed of progress throughout the week ??

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 21 18:02:02 BST 2006

<quote who="Vincent Trouilliez">

> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 12:28 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > Ah great. Pardon the stupidity... what is "Gobby" ? Is it a program
> > similar to TS, which I must download from somwhere, install, then
> > connect to the Ubuntu server like I did with TS ??
>
> A quick Google on Gobby brought disillusion :-/
> Gobby is not like team speak, you can't actually hear people talking...

Gobby is a collaborative editor which we use in conjunction with the audio
conferencing with TeamSpeak.

> Well, I can only hope that of the talks will be filmed, like for the
> Dapper meeting. It's quite nice to see and hear all our Ubuntu devs :-) My
> favorite is kernel guru Scott R., because I think he is from England and
> his English is very sharp and clear, very easy to understand even when he
> speaks fast, so it's quite pleasing to listen to, to improve my
> understanding of spoken English.

Scott is Welsh. :-)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

  "I allege that SCO is full of it, and that the Linux process is already
   the most transparent process in the whole industry." - Linus Torvalds