warty-, hoary-, breezy-, dapper- and edgy-changes RSS feeds moved

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Tue Jun 20 20:12:00 BST 2006

Hi all,

As promised before, I've been improving the changelog2rss script from a
kludgy hack to something that actually works pretty decent and does the
right thing.

In the mean time I've also been busy moving ubuntulinux.nl/ubuntu-nl.org
to django, which means that the RSS feeds had to be moved.

The new and improved RSS feeds can be found on
http://media.ubuntu-nl.org/rss/

For the time being, the old RSS feeds will display a notice that they
have been discontinued and moved. Sorry for the inconvenience and enjoy
the new & improved feeds.

For the interested people, here are the improvements:

* Better algorithm for formatting the feeds
* Don't store in a python shelve, but use plain files
* Links now point to launchpad
* Can handle both mboxes and single mails, so it is easy to import the
  history of a list
* Don't bork on non-changes mails (happened in the days of warty/hoary
  and happens when spam is received)
* Don't hardcode any variables (well, move the hardcoding to a
  configuration block at the top)
* Use email.FeedParser for parsing instead of looping over lines

[Followups to sounder at lists.ubuntu.com please]
--
Dennis K.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.