Ubuntu Webmaster !

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Jun 16 02:33:52 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 15:18 -0700, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> The correct url to report bugs about the web site is different from
> the url to file bugs about Ubuntu (the distro):
>      https://launchpad.net/products/ubuntu-website/+filebug
> versus
>     https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+filebug
>

> Since they are in two different sections  of  Launchpad, the bugs
> about the web site are not mixed with the very large number of  distro
> bugs :)

Thanks for the info Daniel. I must say Launchpad is so overwhelming and
complex, normal end users like me should be given 2 days of academic
lectures on the subject, followed by 2 weeks of hands on experience with
it, then pass a comprehensive exam, before they can be able to
understand the thing and use it properly...
I remember, when all my bugzilla bugs were imported into Malone, after a
coupole days on Malone, I nearly (seriously) gave up reporting new bugs,
or even managing my existing ones. Thankfully the GUI was improved and
now it's about usable to manage my bugs, though filing new ones is still
painful, either by design and/or because I don't really understand the
thing hence probably don't use it as intended and make my life with it
more difficult than it could be.
This thing is so huge and complex, so overwhelming, crowdy,
intimidating, that there really ought to be a Launchpad and Malone
beginners guide, to get modest testers like me, quickly and properly up
to speed, what to do and what not to do, when where and how, based on
case studies, practical examples.
Maybe a future project for the busy doc team ;-)

--
Vince, still dreaming of a Malone that would read my mind rather than
requiring me to understand and conform to his own twisted mind ;-)