Ubuntu mentioned on Slashdot article

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:24:33 BST 2006

On 6/14/06, Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or you misinterpreted what he said. From what you quoted, the topic was
> Clustering. Does Ubuntu have an offering equivalent to the RedHat
> Cluster Suite and if so, what is the userbase of that offering compared
> to RedHat's?

Yea, its called Redhat Cluster Suite ;)

sudo apt-get install redhat-cluster-suite

The difference is in Ubuntu you don't have to pay $1500 for it.

Ubuntu also has many other clustering tools built in such as LVSP and
much more. (and they work quite well might I add)

Its user base is growing (although there are no hard numbers I know of yet).

Matt

--
Matt T. Galvin
mgalvin on irc.freenode.net