Future hardware support (Re: Installing a compiler by default)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 13 20:16:38 BST 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 02:55:57PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> I realize it's no help for the users installing from CD, but will there
> really be no driver/kernel updates to support new hardware in the main
> repository?

I assume you mean in the stable release; naturally we are constantly adding
support for new hardware in the development branch.

We have not released hardware support updates for any Ubuntu release to
date.  We may consider doing so, but there are many non-obvious issues to
take into account.

--
 - mdz