Installing a compiler by default

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Fri Jun 9 18:47:49 BST 2006

Op vr, 09-06-2006 te 22:51 +1000, schreef Peter Garrett:
> On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:38:50 +0200
> Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > Only experienced users should ever need a compiler...
>
> Right - and how do people become "experienced" ?
>
> By using things like compilers I guess...
>
> (Personal history: 4 years ago I couldn't use a compiler. Linux taught me
> how)

Why would you need a compiler to become an experienced linux user?
(Well, LFS might help you to understand linux and everything on top of
it, but I don't think many people have the time to learn _that_ much
about it.)

I think one should better be an experienced user (not the same as e.g.
an experienced admin!) _before_ using a compiler...

--
Jan Claeys