Spec for Edgy: Community Communication

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Jun 2 18:04:31 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 12:51 -0400, Andrew Zajac wrote:
> There is a reticence on the part of the mailing list community to
> participate in the forums.  Perhaps it is justified;  I dunno.  Maybe
> this can be addressed in this spec, too?

The way we see it, there's a reluctance on the part of the forum
community to participate in the mailing lists ;-)

Seriously, I'm not sure you'll ever get a lot of mailing list types
participating in the forums.  ML users prefer the standard interface and
I don't see how a web forum can ever providing this.  It's similar to
how some people hate webmail and some people won't use anything else.

The only solution I see is a completely transparent ML <-> forum
gateway.

Lee