Do you want brown or blue?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:16:43 BST 2006

On 6/2/06, Karl Goetz <kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net> wrote:

> I have always wondered why people are so obsessed with blue backgrounds
> and themeing [1]. Almost everyone i know personally using Ubuntu uses
> the brown background, and i don't hear them complain, despite all the
> people on IRC saying "no one likes the default background" :)

I'm one of the people who generally don't like the default background,
and usually simply change it to no background, using a brown colour.
But I have to say that I like the "simple ubuntu" background that has
appeared recently in the list of available backgrounds in Dapper.  The
"Ubuntu Lagoon" is a bit too dark brown, and the "Dawn of Ubuntu" one
is a bit to green and the contrast is too big between the top and
bottom of the image.  But the simple ubuntu one gets it just right.

--
Daniel Robitaille