A New User Experience

Scott Dier dieman at ringworld.org
Fri Jul 28 14:28:00 BST 2006

Michael T. Richter wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-27-07 at 13:47 +0200, Robin Sonefors wrote:
>> It is. Just type sudo pppoeconf in a terminal, and you're good to go.
>
> A: It is not easy to find this in the setup.
>
> B: Read the bug report I linked to in my first message on this thread.
> Pppoeconf *didn't work*.  To make it work at all I had to boot into

I don't know how much ppoeconf has changed in the last year, but when I
last used it it worked fine with Qwest in the states. (they allow ppoe
or ppoa in some areas)

For most systems 'provider' would be given as user at provider in the
username field, ie:

sdier at qwest.net

At least thats how its implemented here.  Most radius servers treat the
stuff after @ as a realm, which is how the qwest system works, afaik.
(you can get access from, say, iphouse.com instead and in theory you end
up with username at iphouse.com)

Thanks,
--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org>